When a smear of peanut butter doesn’t do the trick, here’s a healthy snack that’s so delicious you’ll be slathering it on every piece of toast, apple, or biscuit you can find within reach: Apple peanut butter.
When you’re busy in the morning this simple spread makes for a quick jolt of sweetness and little boost of protein to keep you energized and feeling full. Make this recipe once and stick in the fridge to enjoy throughout the last couple weeks of fall—it’s a must-try!
- 1 ½ cups of organic apple butter
- ½ cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- Add apple butter and peanut butter into a food processor and process until combined.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process again, scraping down the side of the bowl as necessary. Scoop the complete mix into a Mason jar. The butter should keep for about 2-4 weeks in the fridge.